Call For A Consultation

Reduce Your Child Support Payments By Requesting a Modification

There are times when it may be necessary to ask the judge to change a child support, child custody, or visitation order. When that time comes, it’s best to work with a knowledgeable Gwinnett County divorce attorney like Douglas N. Fox.

Life changes, as do the circumstances under which a court-order was originally based upon. When a person experiences a significant change in circumstances that makes it difficult or near impossible to comply with a current court order, they have the right to request a modification. For example, many people ordered to pay child support are now trying to modify their court orders. The poor economy has led to thousands of layoffs across the country, and many of those people who lost their job are having trouble finding a new job in this difficult economy. It has become a huge struggle for these people to continue making the same child support payments they were making when they had a steady income. By seeking a modification, these people may be able to get their child support obligations reduced to an amount that is more affordable.

If you are considering requesting a modification, please don’t hesitate to contact Gwinnett County divorce lawyer Douglas N. Fox for help. Mr. Fox can help you file the necessary paperwork to pursue a modification, and clearly explain to the judge why you deserve to have your court ordered modified. The last thing you want or need is to have your request for a modification denied. Let Mr. Fox provide you with the guidance and legal counsel needed to increase your chances of successfully modifying your court order.

Contact Attorney Douglas N. Fox today at (770) 277-4883 today to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation!

Related Posts
  • Helping Children Deal with Divorce During the Holidays Read More
  • Same-Sex Marriage Legalized Nationwide by US Supreme Court Decision Read More
  • How Could I Benefit From a Legal Separation? Read More