The Strength to Win Cases
The Knowledge to Solve Problems
The Commitment to Achieve Results

Gwinnett County Contempt Attorney

Assistance with Contempt Proceedings in Georgia

Are you having trouble collecting spousal support or child support payments from your ex-husband or wife? Is your ex refusing to comply with the terms of your divorce agreement? When an ex-spouse is willfully and intentionally ignoring or failing to comply with the terms of his or her divorce, legal action may be taken in the form of contempt proceedings in order to revert the situation.

Refusing to follow the terms of a divorce is actually a blatant violation of a Court Order and is illegal. This most often takes on the form of failing to pay support or of violating child custody or visitation orders. At Fox Firm, P.C., we are experienced in dealing with an ex-husband or wife who will not follow the Court Order regarding his or her divorce. An attorney at our firm can help you if your ex is refusing to pay support. By taking legal action and representing you to prove that your ex-spouse willfully violated the terms of your divorce, we can help to revert the situation or enforce criminal penalties for the violation.

Work with a Top-Tier Law Firm You Can Trust

Gwinnett County contempt proceedings lawyer at Fox Firm, P.C. has been practicing law for a quarter century and has a thorough understanding of Georgia law as it relates to divorce and legal separation agreements, including their enforcement. The firm understands the financial difficulties and the hardships you are facing if your spouse is intentionally violating the terms of your divorce, and we believe it is of the utmost importance to enforce these agreements.

We can help you if your ex-husband or wife is:

  • Violating visitation rights
  • Not allowing you to visit your child, when the Court Order says otherwise
  • Refusing to pay child support
  • Refusing or failing to pay spousal support

A divorce agreement is a legally binding agreement which must be upheld by both all parties involved. By taking legal action and having your lawyer begin contempt proceedings, you can take an effective step toward handling the situation and holding your ex-spouse accountable for his or her actions.

Why Choose Us?